Wales Lockdown Update
Plus advice on the property market Read more

Covid-19 Advice & FAQs

For added peace of mind, we thought we’d put together some advice & FAQs which might help to answer your queries or concerns at this difficult time.

Tenant FAQs

  • Are Estate Agents in Wales open during the current lockdown? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Official government advice across England, Scotland and Wales is that the housing market should remain open subject to adherence of published safety guidelines.  You can therefore still move home during the current lockdown.  Estate and letting agents and removal firms can continue to work.

    Where possible colleagues we will be working from home.  Where this isn’t possible our branches will be staffed in order to assist with your home move.    

    The safety and wellbeing of colleagues and the public in reducing the spread of Covid-19 remains paramount.  We will be working in accordance with government guidance in Wales.

    Access to our offices will be by appointment only and so please ensure that you make arrangements with us via telephone or email before you visit to ensure that a colleague will be available to assist you.  Please remember that you are required to wear a face covering before entering our premises and when attending appointments.

  • Can you help find a property to rent? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Yes – During the circuit breaker restrictions you can access details of available properties on our website.

  • What about a viewing property? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Virtual viewings should be used whenever possible to help limit the number of viewings you need to arrange. Prior to the appointment we will provide you with details of how it will be conducted and what is required to help keep everyone safe.   

  • Do I need to continue paying my rent during the pandemic? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Yes – Rent remains payable. There is no automatic suspension of rental payments during the crisis.

  • What if I can’t afford to pay my rent? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    If you are having trouble paying your rent it is important that you discuss this with your landlord as soon as possible.  If you make payments to us then please email

  • Can my landlord help me if I’m having trouble paying my rent? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Government has an expectation that landlords will, where reasonably possible, support tenants in difficulty.  Any support they can offer may well be dictated by their own personal circumstances.

  • What help might a landlord be able to provide if I’m having trouble paying my rent? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    This will depend on your landlords personal circumstances but might include allowing you to make reduced/ deferred payments by way of a payment plan. If this happens it is important that you don’t breach the terms of the plan.

  • Can you help me if I’m having trouble paying my rent? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Where we manage the property and collect rent we can speak with your landlord on your behalf. We are unable to agree to payment terms on your landlord’s behalf and we need their consent to change any rental payments. When contacting us in relation to rental payments please do so by email to

  • Can I pay my rent by card? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Yes – Your local branch will be able to help you make card payments for rent and any renewal fees that are lawfully due.

  • Is other help available for tenants who are experiencing trouble in paying their rent? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Yes – If you are in difficulty and need further help this is available from your local authority, Shelter, Citizens Advice and The Money Advice Service.  If you are eligible for Legal Aid you can contact Civil Legal Advice for free and confidential advice.

  • Can I be evicted from my home during the crisis? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Yes - The stay on possession proceedings in England & Wales ended on September 20th 2020.  Possession hearings will be prioritised with those involving excessive rent arrears and anti-social behaviour heard first.    

    Bailiff Evictions

    A pause on evictions is in place until June 30th 2021 at the earliest.  

  • What if a repair is required at the property? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Only essential repairs should be undertaken whilst circuit breaker restrictions remain in force.

  • What about reporting repairs? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    The fastest and easiest way to ensure that we are notified of a repair when we manage the property is by logging onto our website – choose “Rent” – “Report a Repair”.  You will also receive helpful advice on what to do in an emergency.  Like many employers, we are operating a reduced workforce in the interest of keeping our staff safe.  However, you can still contact us on our usual property management number.

  • What if I’m notified that the Gas Safety Record needs to be renewed during the Pandemic? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Where possible this will be delayed until after circuit breaker restrictions have been lifted.   Renewal of the annual Gas Safety Record is an important part of keeping you safe in your home.  This includes checks for carbon monoxide production.

    Carbon monoxide is a colourless odourless gas that can quickly kill, hence it often being referred to as the “Silent Killer”.  Allowing access for the inspection to take place subject to Government guidance around infection, shielding and self-isolating are important. 

    Please remember to test any smoke and carbon monoxide alarms fitted at the property on a weekly basis.

  • What about contractors accessing the property? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    To ensure your safety and that of the contractor, they will call you directly to arrange access. Please advise them of any self-isolation or illness within the household. When providing access ensure that social distancing protocols are observed. If keys are transferred do so in a secure envelope ensuring they are sanitised before and after use.

  • Can I give notice to move out of my property? Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down

    Yes, email so your notice is in writing and we’ll do the rest.

  • Useful Information Chevron Down IconIcon set Chevron Down


    • If you smell smoke or see fire call 999 immediately.
    • If living in a development of flats ensure that you are familiar with building evacuation protocols in the event of a fire.


    • If you smell gas or think there may be a leak, open windows and doors and leave the property immediately. Do not turn on lights or light a cigarette.
    • Call the National Grid straight away on 0800 111 999
    • If in doubt call 999 immediately.

    No Electricity/Supply Tripping

    • Check there is sufficient credit on the meter if you have a pre-payment meter.
    • Check with your neighbours and/ or your energy provider to establish if there is a problem in your area.
    • If your electricity keeps tripping (going off) turn off/ unplug appliances gradually turning them back on until the supply trips. This should highlight the problem device.
    • If the problem persists report the problem to us where we manage the property.

    Burst Pipes

    • Turn off the water supply at the stopcock.
    • Use containers to try and catch the water.
    • If the water is close to electricity supplies or appliances immediately switch off the electricity supply at the mains.

    Loss of Water Supply

    • Check if your neighbours have the same problem
    • Check if the water authority serving your area has turned off the supply.
    • Contact the supplier if the problem persists.

    Lack of heating/ hot water

    • The majority of problems can usually be rectified with reference to the manufacturer’s instructions. Copy instruction manuals are readily available online.
    • Check that thermostats and timers haven’t inadvertently been adjusted.
    • With gas boilers try re-setting the pilot and re-pressurising the system with reference to the instruction manual.
    • If you have a hot water cylinder check to see if it has an immersion heater that you can use until the boiler is repaired.
    • If the problem persists report the problem to us where we manage the property.

Read all our FAQ's here

Buyer FAQs

Thinking of buying?

Buyer FAQ's

Seller FAQs

Got a property to sell?

Seller FAQ's

Landlord FAQs

Do you have a property to let?

Landlord FAQ's